About Me

My photo
Admit it. Most nursing bras are kind of industrial-looking. At least that is what I thought when I was shopping around for a nursing bra. I also found that while breastfeeding is natural and wonderful, it is also difficult and complex and sometimes it really hurts! The best advice I could find was to use warm compresses before nursing and cold compresses afterwards. But nobody could give me any tips for how to make the whole compress thing practical or COMFORTABLE! So, my design was patented and Nizo Wear was born. I firgured while I was at it I should make them pretty as well. Nizo Wear makes nursing bras that are de both functional and pretty. Lace and rhinestones, playful prints, shapely lines, all designed to help you feel stylish and good again.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Granola bar recipe for on the go moms!


By Emily Rozell

These are great-tasting and good for you, and make an excellent breakfast, dessert, or quick snack on the go. The perfect pick me up snack for moms and kids alike!


2 cups oats 1 cup flour

3/4 cup brown sugar

3/4 cup raisins

1/2 cup wheat germ

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 cup coconut oil

1/2 cup honey

1 egg

2 teaspoons vanilla extract


optional: a handful of nuts, chocolate chips, dried fruit (like cranberries, bananas, or blueberries), flax seeds, etc.


Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9x13 pan with foil or parchment paper then coat with a little oil. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl: oats, flour, brown sugar, raisins, wheat germ, salt and cinnamon (and any of the optional ingredients). In another bowl mix wet ingredients: oil, honey, egg and vanilla. Pour the wet mixture into dry mixture and stir by hand until blended. Press evenly into the pan. Bake 25-30 minutes. Let cool completely then turn out onto a cutting board. Remove the foil/paper and cut into bars. Wrap individually in foil or plastic wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment