About Me

My photo
Admit it. Most nursing bras are kind of industrial-looking. At least that is what I thought when I was shopping around for a nursing bra. I also found that while breastfeeding is natural and wonderful, it is also difficult and complex and sometimes it really hurts! The best advice I could find was to use warm compresses before nursing and cold compresses afterwards. But nobody could give me any tips for how to make the whole compress thing practical or COMFORTABLE! So, my design was patented and Nizo Wear was born. I firgured while I was at it I should make them pretty as well. Nizo Wear makes nursing bras that are de both functional and pretty. Lace and rhinestones, playful prints, shapely lines, all designed to help you feel stylish and good again.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Formula ads found to impact moms' feeding decisions


Formula ads found to impact moms' feeding decisions

I recently read this article about how much formula ads impacted mom's feeding decisions and was quite shocked with the statistics! According to the World Health Organization (WHO)those who remembered a formula advertisement were two times more likely to formula feed over breastfeed. In addition, those advised by their doctor were four times more likely to feed formula rather than breastfeed. And if they started off breastfeeding, they were 6.4 times more likely to stop after seeing the ads or speaking with a doctor.

These statistics are so alarming because of the dangers formula feeding can pose in developing countries. The water used to mix with the formula can be contaminated, leading to serious health complications. Moms often use less formula than recommended to extend their supplies, resulting in malnutrition of their babies.

Now, I do not live in a developing country, but I do know that when I visited my doctor (towards the end of my third trimester) I received two coolers with formula names printed on them and two full size formula containers. I am pretty sure this is probably something that happened to many women and I can see how that is quite influential. Luckily, I was able to breastfeed and ended up donating what I received, but I can see how receiving the free stuff would easily persuade!

What was your experience?

Thank you oncloudmom for sharing this article!



view the full article here: http://blog.oncloudmom.com/2011/11/formula-ads-found-to-impact-moms.html

No comments:

Post a Comment